7 short years ago the Massachusetts auto insurance industry welcomed “managed competition” to the state.
Managed competition has helped usher in a new era for MA auto insurance consumers.
Companies that long ago fled the state, came back. Some that were never here entered the state.
In order to make certain you are getting the best rates, it’s important to shop around and look for every discount available.
The first place to start when looking for the best auto premium is by packaging your auto insurance with the same company as your home insurance.
If you don’t own a home or condominium, it might be time to purchase apartment insurance coverage. If not for the only reason of taking advantage of an auto insurer’s “account discount.”
Other discounts to consider:
- Did you drive less than 10,000 miles over the past 12 months?
- Are you a good driver? Have you had any at-fault accidents or moving violations over the past 6 years?
- Do you pay your bills in full?
- Do you receive your bills and documents by e-mail?
- Did you recently get married? Do you have the same company as your spouse?
- Are any of your kids good students? Do they have a “B” or better average?
- Are you a college graduate?
According to a recent article in the Boston Globe (http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2015/05/24/massachusetts-car-insurance-rates-climbing/Uht5d2fU0JX0ft3Rwa5CvO/story.html) MA auto insurance rates on the rise.
Now, more than ever, is the time to shop your auto insurance with a Massachusetts Independent Insurance Agent.