Over the years the Massachusetts RMV has taken quite a bit of heat. Most of it deservedly so, and some of it coming from this humble, MA Auto Insurance Web Log.
Although, as lines outside the door testify, the RMV is not perfect, over the past 20 years some things have improved.
Recently MA Department of Transportation Secretary & CEO, Richard Davey and Mass Registrar of Motor Vehicles, Celia Blue, offered a ten point promise to Massachusetts RMV customers which we find encouraging.
Secretary Davey said: “We have re-imagined the RMV and are prepared to deliver improvements in the short term and for the next generation of drivers. At the core of our ten point promise is the effort to diversify our service delivery channels.”
Registrar Blue added: “Our ten point promise is a commitment to our customers. It will serve as a roadmap on our way to delivering extraordinary
- Encouraging you to make MassRMV.com your first stop every time – directing you to the most
efficient service and adding new transactions, no wait for 35+ transactions today at
- Growing our customer service representative team – backfilling and hiring to serve our branch
customers with the most complex transactions in a timely manner, exploring part-time
positions to reduce the lunchtime crunch time.
- Professionalizing the frontline – Striving to deliver extraordinary customer service by
developing employee performance standards, incentive programs and designing uniforms.
- Modernizing facilities & marrying transportation functions – improving existing facilities,
designing new branches, prioritizing proximity to transit services and adding E-ZPass service
- Renewing your photo on your own – deploying FasTrack self-service kiosks to allow customers
in good standing to renew their license/ID on their own, leaving customer service reps to focus
on more complex transactions.
- Meeting you where you are – continued pursuit and expansion of public private partnerships
with industry partners like AAA, dealerships, driving schools, health care providers and
- Giving you back your time – saving customers millions of minutes by offering call back service
and customer appointments at 857-DOT-8000.
- Answering questions & resolving customer issues in new ways – introducing online live chat,
expanding our telephone self-service system at 857-DOT-8000.
- Delivering real time wait times to meet your schedule – procuring a new queuing system to help
you manage your time and adding mobile app appointments.
- Modernizing our licensing & registration system – implementing a 360 degree customer view
that will revolutionize how the public interacts with the RMV.