1.) Package Your Auto & Home Insurance through the same agency/company!
Insurance companies that write in Massachusetts offer account discounts on both home and auto insurance. Discounts available are anywhere from 5% – 15% on the auto & between 10% – 20% on the home.
2.) Utilize an Independent Insurance Agency!
Most Massachusetts Insurance Agencies write business with five auto insurance carriers. By utilizing an Independent Agency you will be utilizing the most valuable tool that the new, managed competition system offers. An Independent Insurance Agency will be most familiar with the different discounts and programs that are available.
3.) Take advantage of available discounts!
This one is, sort of, the tricky one. Different companies offer different discounts and knowing which ones are best for you is where an Independent Insurance Agent should be able to provide you valuable assistance.
When reviewing different companies discounts, however, keep in mind that no matter how many alleged discounts or percentage points companies are promising, the bottom line premium is the most important thing.
Discounts that are available are:
- Account discount on your auto if you have a home, apartment or condominium policy with the same company.
- Improved excellent driver & excellent driver plus discounts (99 & 98 drivers).
- Pay in full discounts.
- Hybrid vehicle discount.
- Advanced driver training discount.
- Certain college (for example: Boston College & Merrimack College) and organization (for example: Mass Bar Association & Mass Medical Society) discounts.
- Good student discount (“B”or better)
- Student away at school discount.
4.) Make certain that you have the best insurance program!
Some of the new insurance programs that are available include:
- Disappearing Collision Deductible.
- Accident and Moving Violation Forgiveness.
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost.
- Emergency Road Travel Expenses.
- Auto loan/Gap Coverage.
- Combined bill options.
- Electronic Funds Transfer billing option/ No service fees.